Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Corona: Memory Lane

It was seven years ago today that I posted my completed Corona.
2008 on the left, 2015 on the right.
This pattern holds special significance for me. I had already done a bit of knitting and designing. I'd even published a pattern or two. But Corona was my first major foray into design, with my first attempts at grading and real concerted efforts to be A Knitwear Designer.

I've knit it twice for myself, and once for my sister. It's served as a fantastic illustrative tool for ease in knitting, and has been modified in many wonderful ways by many knitters. And ultimately I'd like to think it stands in as an example of my own design philosophy. That is: I want people wearing my designs to feel happy and powerful. Like they can create exactly what they want for their own body no matter their age, shape, or size.

Right now on Ravelry there's over 700 Coronas listed.
Any time I see this, it make me so pleased that I could create something that many knitters have chosen to spend their precious knitting time, energy, and yarn on.

Thanks to everyone; thanks for reading this blog. Thanks for commenting, tweeting at me, interacting on Facebook, purchasing my designs, knitting any of the free ones. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas and projects with me. I appreciate every single one.

And it all started with Corona.

Here's to seven more years with you all.

3 comments:

flossieKNITS said...

This is still in my queue! I don't know what I'm waiting for. BUT, I'm swatching a dark blue Lady Bat as we speak...

Fran said...

Congrats!

mel said...

Wow! Congrats on 7 awesome years :) Embarrassingly this is still in my queue - perhaps this is just the inspiration I need to get my own Corona started (as soon as Draperie is done).