Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Dolce Far Niente Due

PhotobucketAlign CenterPattern: Dolce far Niente
Yarn: two hanks of Cascade 220 (for the Main Colour) and part-hank of another shade of Cascade 220 (for the Contrasting Colour)
Needles: 4mm circulars and dpns

Way back when I made my first Dolce far Niente sweater I said I wanted to do another one, only better this time.

I'm happy with how it turned out - the first one is cute, but something about this one (probably the more subdued colours) makes it a bit more "wearable" and less "look at me! look at me! I'm a child of the 80s!"
Photobucket
Other slight differences are the weight of the yarn (slightly finer) and the fair isle design (this time actual herringbone instead of what I thought would give me herringbone in the first sweater).

Witness the blanket of snow surrounding me. Also witness the slight blurriness to the photo - that's from my hand shaking. I think I may have lost some of my gloated-about hardiness with the winter.

I'm sure the numerous car whizzing by and people crunching through the snow were wondering why that crazy woman was photoging herself sans coat.

A fast and fun knit, this one was on and off the needles in less than 2 weeks. I want to squeeze as many knits into winter as possible.

Next up: my 70s sweater.
Uh, maybe... truth be telt, it's sittingly grumpily under my futon, multitudinous ends not woven-in and neckline not even begun. Hope the rising temperatures are echoed by a rise in knitting.

Me and winter are in a race, and I do intend to win.

11 comments:

Meghan said...

fantastic sweater! I love the herringbone-esque neckline.

Ellen said...

I love this one! The herringbone makes for a really great neckline.

Anonymous said...

ooh. i really like how this looks. can't wait to see the pattern.

A Homely Heroine said...

Ohh gorgeous! I too love the neckline, tres chic.

Unraveling Sophia said...

Very nice! I do like the herringbone neckline...
Winter is hanging on persistently here - we had another snow fall this week - and today it is 15F below zero. So if you need your winter extended for more knitting, I will send you some of ours! ;)

petra said...

What a great design for the middle of winter. Lovely detail!

patricia said...

What a beautiful design! Lovely

Frida said...

WOW...now that's lovely - totaly fell for it :)

Hilary said...

I loved the first one and I love this one too. Absolutely fabulous. The first seemed more "dress up for a night on the town" and this one seems like it would be great for chic everyday wear with jeans...love, love, love!!

Michelle said...

Oh that's so cute!!! I'm tempted to start one now.

Sarah said...

I love this pattern! It's so cute & comfy looking. :) It's also very modern & classic at the same time.

I do have some hopefully positive criticism to give though.
I think it took a lot of people by surprise to find this a paid pattern. All of your other patterns are free & there was no warning that this one wouldn't be.

I'm not at all trying to say that you shouldn't get paid for what you do, it's great work! :) I just think there should have been a heads up!