Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sexy Vesty; Or, Black Diamonds

Photobucket
Photography skillz strike again!
Pattern: Sexy Vesty
Yarn: about 3.5 skeins of Lang Merino Superwash

Time to complete: one bloomin' week!

Sometimes you get addicted to a knit. That's definitely what happened in this instance. The yarn was really co-operating with me, and the little lace pattern was very simple to memorize (well, truth be telt, I only memorized it for the last two diamond repeats....)
Photobucket
I'm not entirely sure what possessed me to knit a vest. I don't wear vests.

Like many garments, I would see cute little tops of this particular fashion in stores and think "cute on dummy - not so cute on me". This is the same line of thinking that prevents me from purchasing very heavily cowled sweaters, tights, trapeze jackets, super minis and clothing items with expressively-large buttons.
Photobucket


Fortunately, this one has left me feeling positive about knitting again (after the malaise I was under in the post-Tareja days of last week). And I'm rather pleased with how it looks atop a regular ol' scoopneck tee.

This one may get some use out of it!

In new cast-on news:
I was supposed to have something to show for myself re: a particular sweater in a lovely Russet-y shade of Samira Silk from Handmaiden.
Sadly, I've naught.
Well, naught that would be interesting to photograph.
I have already discovered a misjudgement in my design plans, and instead of frogging the very few rows I've actually knit, I will be doing the good ol' improvised-fix in the end.
Here's to hoping I've enough yarn to make this one!
I shall return with something to show for myself.
Shortly.

***Pattern Notes posted on Rav here.***

25 comments:

Kai said...

It's lovely and so very cute! I know what you mean about certain things not being you... I have the same with vests, but this is really lovely.. :)

Meghan said...

Your vest looks great! Good working finishing it so quickly.

Cyn said...

Ooooh! I want one. Is this your own pattern? Will you be writing it up? *bats eyes hopefully*

I don't wear vests either. And yet... want! Damn you and your adorable vest.

Anonymous said...

It fits you so nicely! What a great knit.

Elva Undine said...

I. love it! I never wear vests, but I could totally do this.

Cloudberry said...

It looks great on you!
I never wear vest, but this one might change my mind ;)

Teresa said...

Thanks all! I've had a few people mention that they'd like the pattern - I'll post the notes in a few days.

Susan said...

I hope you had a great birthday weekend! The vest is absolutely gorgeous. Post this pattern asap. lol. Beautiful!

patricia said...

You're a fast knitter. Lovely vest. And a happy birthday of course

tara said...

Very cute! I don't really wear vests, but I have been known to layer a tank and a tee, and this strikes me as being more in that direction.

Team Knit said...

That's such a gorgeous vest, it looks so wearable and completely awesome!! Great job.

- Julie

Hilary said...

I know what you mean -- I don't really wear vests either, but lately they're all I can think about! And your Sexy Vesty is only adding fuel to the fire! It really is a great knit -- prettily-patterned, flattering, and seems quite versatile, too. Wonderful!

erngrn said...

thats great!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so it looks like everyone is in love with this pattern and now waiting patiently for the pattern. Is it crazy to get this excited over a new knit pattern? Seriously, I am so loving it right now.

Alyssa said...

OOO I love the vest! I'm a big vest person and this one is just perfect! Thanks for the awesome-ness!

juicyknits said...

I also want a pattern for this one! It's cute!

A Homely Heroine said...

This is a great vest, and you look great in it, fear not!

Leah H. said...

This is the best sweater vest I've ever seen in my life.

Hottt

Frida said...

Another great one :)

Anonymous said...

i love your pattern anne eliot i buy the yarns in to bon marché in paris and i says you ,you made very beautyful pattern i a an ravelry ma name is shaina971 kiss and thank you for the pattern bye my blog is tricot celeste visit my blog so

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful vest. I may try to make one of those for myself for winter (i live in australia full summer here at the moment)

Anonymous said...

So I happened to knitting this sweater in front of my 19 yr old brother who looks at the pattern and says "that can't be". when I asked what he was referring to he said "Cute girls don't knit." Little ego boost for Canary and a little sad for me.

Diana said...

This vest looks lovely and I cannot wait to get started. Check my gauge and all looks good to move forward. I will also post progress on Rav... thus thank you for the cute vest.

Helga Marie Bee said...

my sister has demanded that I create this vest for her.. did you write the pattern, or.... I have the notes and think I am missing a bit of info...

Nicole said...

hi, if there are 120 stitches for the vest, how do i get the 15 repeat come out to the 120 stitches. I end up with 5 extra at the end of 120 stitches.